22 October, 2008

would you give up immortality for this man?

Would I? Ummm.... YES. (And even a few years of a normal lifespan.) It's not the king thing, I mean, that's cool and all, but this guy kicks all kinds of ass regardless of his royal destiny. He's fierce and grim and noble, but also gentle and kind and fair. He is a healer, but he will not hesitate to lop off the heads of vile evil creatures. With his Really Big Sword.

And he's hopelessly devoted to one lucky elven lady. If I were her, hell yeah I would give up immortality to be with him. For one thing, the Grey Havens would probably be a drag. But mostly, Aragorn is just one fine specimen of masculine perfection. And by perfection, I mean he is not perfect at all, which is what makes him so, uh, perfect.


I freely admit, I prefer movie Aragorn to book Aragorn. And it's not just because I have lust in my heart, and elsewhere, for Viggo. Well maybe it is, but I also like how movie Aragorn was warmer and had more humanity. Purists will probably object, but I think Peter Jackson changed Aragorn for the better in the movie. And Viggo was simply exceptional. Lust aside.

I was actually going to write a serious post about the melancholy that I always feel when finishing a LOTR book or movie, because I just finished rereading the whole series. And maybe I still will, but not tonight, because I should be sleeping and I'm going to be so tired in the morning and my eyes are dry and my contacts are about to pop out, all because I've been looking at pictures of Viggo for the past hour and a half. (Totally worth it of course.) And so, this post has now devolved into shameless fangirl lust.

Man I love google images.

2 comments:

Boyz3Mommy said...

Um yes, I think I would also...which reminds me!!!! Do you want to do this again???

http://www.originalalamo.com/Show.aspx?id=4946

I DO!!! Let me know if you are in.

Susie said...

Holy crap I just searched for this the other day and didn't think they were doing it this year!

Well. You know how much I LOVED this last time. But a) this is Thanksgiving weekend, and b) I JUST watched the EE of ROTK which was like 4 hours long... BUT. (Again.) I might be crazy enough to do this anyway. Mostly I just need to see about the Thanksgiving thing since we'll be in Dallas. I will get back with you! :oD