09 October, 2008

trip report part deux

We weren't really sure what we'd do to fill our day on Saturday, being that we would be staying in a town mostly known for shopping and antiquing, pastimes that neither B nor I are particularly interested in. So he got the idea that we should head out to the Dr. Pepper bottling plant in Dublin and take a tour, get some real DP, and see what we can see. We both really like taking tours and exploring, but I was wary, since it would be almost 2 hours in either direction, for what would undoubtedly be a dinky little tour. Luckily, one of our fellow guests at the B&B has a ranch in Comanche and is familiar with the area. She confirmed that it wasn't really a destination-worthy type place on its own, but grouped with some other places in the area, we could make a nice day out of it. And so, I was persuaded, and off we went on our small town tour of Texas.

First stop was in Comanche ---> Brennan Vineyards. It's a small but charming winery...


with a wonderful viognier (I'm usually more of a red person but this was so good we bought 2 bottles)...


gorgeous roses in full bloom...
(yes, I really like Photoshop, leave me alone)




a few vines on site (the rest were in fields out yonder)
(yes, yonder is a real place when you're in a small town in the middle of Texas)...

adorable tiny grapes (no raisins anywhere thank god)...



and a very cute kitty named Cab who liked to sit in the sink until one of his humanoid slaves served him his libations...











Their viognier is tasty, but their Cab is definitely my favorite!


Next time: why Dublin Dr. Pepper is the only REAL Dr. Pepper.

2 comments:

Boyz3Mommy said...

AWESOME kitty pics. Can't wait to hear about the Dr. Pepper...it's my FAVORITE!

MichelleSG said...

Hi Susie, thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi, you are a woman after my own heart (you're in Austin, we love Austin..)! I find that the live feed tells me that 99% of all my readership comes from me commenting on P Dub (sad but true) and you can opt out of being noticed by it by going to the options down at the bottom. See so now you won't have to be so paranoid and I won't even notice you. I only have it on to find where the trolls come from, P Dubs site, again sad but true, but all of my fav followers come from there too. Love the kitty pics definitely would be the star of the visit in my book even thought the vineyard caries the same name as my hubby (now how weird is that, not a common first name at all). Waiting for the Dr.P update, we're faithful Dr.P enthusiasts here!