26 September, 2008

Ten years

Ten years ago, I was terribly busy. I had a big party to throw and it required a bunch of planning beforehand. I had to find a fabulous dress, pick out the perfect music, send out lots of invitations, locate a place to have it, and so much more...



I had to pick out a menu, then feed dinner to a huge crowd, including a fancy schmancy dessert.

There was major gardening involved - thousands of rose petals had to be gathered and distributed to all of my guests.

I even had to find a horse and carriage, right in the middle of a big city!

It took me about a year to plan this party, seriously. Isn't that crazy?

All so that me and this guy that I hooked up with in New Orleans almost 3 years earlier could officially spend the rest of our lives together.

(Here we are at Cafe du Monde, blurry pic'd and bleary-eyed after a night on Bourbon Street.)

It sure was a lot of work. But ten years after that party, I still think it was worth every little bit of it!

Happy Anniversary, B! I love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I know I shouldn't, but I just have to comment on how much hair he had back then :) You guys really are an amazing couple and I am so proud of the two of you! I wish you many, many more happy years!

mbc said...

Wonderful post--I love your angle! Happy Anniversary!

MC said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Wow, ten years, huh? We're very happy for you both - we love you both, too!

Boyz3Mommy said...

Awwwww. Happy Anniversary you two! Much love to you both and here's to the next 10!!!

Unknown said...

These photographs of you two are quite lovely.