01 September, 2008

birthday girl

Today my little sister turns 29 years old.


We're almost 8 years apart, and growing up, we weren't really close.


She bugged me for many years.


Many many years.


She was always in my room, getting all up in my bizness. See?


(Check out the paint job on that dresser. And all my cheap crap. I used to love cheap crap.)

But as it happened, time passed and slowly we started to get along. And eventually, we even became friends.

We certainly have our differences - she's weird about cheese, she keeps having babies, and I think she's a republican.

But underneath all that, we're not so very different. We even have some of the same strange OCD tendencies, developed independently of one another.

Nowadays, I actually like talking to her and hanging out with her! I don't think either of us could have imagined that happening 25 years ago.

Look, here she is now, all grown up and lovely as can be! (I totally ripped this pic off her myspace; I hope she doesn't mind, heh heh.)



And here's a picture I made just for her. (She'll know why.)





Have a wonderful birthday, K! Love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And yet after all these years, as the little sis, it still excites me beyond words that I actually made it into your blog!! Thanks!! Oh yeah, and you might be proud to know that I think I actually married a Democrat!

MC said...

Wow - that just warms a mother's heart! I love seeing our grown-up children enjoy spending time with each other and getting along after so many, many...many years of all that childhood rivalry stuff! (Haha!) You are all so different and yet have so much in common. Love you all! Mom

Boyz3Mommy said...

What a sweet tribute to your lil sis. Happy Birthday K!!