09 December, 2008

i can has lazy post?

I promise I won't keep posting ICHC pics instead of writing something. Eh, I can't actually promise that, but I will try not to do it very often. But sometimes one just comes along that is so frickin frackin awesome, I have to share it with my loyal readers. If you're not checking this site every day (link is over there somewhere --->), you are simply missing out on one of life's very real, very simple, daily pleasures.


funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals


Oh yeah, that "real" post is coming soon. And by soon I mean sometime before the apocalypse of 2012. Did you know that there will be an apocalypse on 12-21-2012? * All the other doomsdays and apocalypses I've experienced (Y2k, 6-6-06, etc etc etc) have been perfectly pleasant, so I'm not too worried. Also, by then, all the Harry Potter movies, and The Hobbit movie, will have been released, and maybe even the "other" hobbit movie that's to follow it. (Though that one could be dicey as it has a Dec 2012 release date.) We've seen a black man elected to office (please don't screw up please don't screw up) and we've seen dogs and cats living together. And there won't be any ice caps left to worry about. So basically, I'm cool with it, though I do want to get to Europe one more time before it happens. And I have a lot of books to read and movies to see and wines to taste and restaurants to visit and recipes to make (oh man do I have a lot of recipes to make). So I better get busy living or get busy dying, as a wise movie character once said. 4 years - what will you do with your time?

* Disclaimer 1 - there are all kinds of wild theories about the end of the Mayan calendar indicating the end of the world. I don't actually believe it, I'm being flippant with the above paragraph. Uh, just in case any of you were wondering. (Though "carpe diem" is always a worthy goal.) ** I know as it gets closer crooks and hucksters will prey on people's fears for the purposes of making a buck and/or scaring people into their churches. There's a movie coming out about it, too, for which I saw a teaser the other night before James Bond. *** Apocalypses are big business. Of course if any of these people actually BELIEVED it, they wouldn't give a flip about making money, b/c really, what would be the point? So there you go. And just in case, like me, you want to read a little more about it b/c there is this teeny tiny weensy part of you which you are ashamed to admit exists that feels the tiniest bit of anxiety about it, go ahead and read this article and move on with your life.

** Disclamer 2 - I totally think we could wipe ourselves out at any time, mind you. I just don't think some ancient calendar will have anything to do with it.

*** James Bond is very good. I have fairly neutral feelings regarding the franchise in general but thoroughly enjoyed this movie, and I love the gravitas and all-around badassness that Craig brings to the role.

PS - This turned into a real post, didn't it? Yay!

3 comments:

MichelleSG said...

It's amazing how one can just ramble on forever when not stressed about having a real topic now isn't it? And the human race will off itself long before any kind of domesday crap has a chance to make it to us. And who made up those dates on the calendar anyway? WE did so that goes to show they don't mean didly squat. Oh and I can haz cheeseburger/hotdog? I read it everyday, it's good for the soul!

Anonymous said...

Haha!!! I love the picture of the cat! I think Zelda might feel that way sometimes, although she's usually very excited to see the grandkids...for the first few minutes, anyway.

Boyz3Mommy said...

You are one funny funny girl. I'm glad you are my friend.