15 January, 2009

the honeymoon's over

Oh, no, not with Facebook. We're still completely enamored with each other, aren't we, mon petit chou? (Although as I was logging in here, after logging in there, and logging into myspace, and logging into my paystub site, and logging into my bank site, I started to wonder just how many passwords one brain can hold...)

No, it's my car! Last March, I bought a lovely new Hyundai Sonata. It's the nicest car I've ever owned, and I've been nothing but happy with it.

Until now.

The damn CD player will no longer eject my CDs! Arrgh!! Sure, there are worse fates than listening to U2, Sinead O'Connor and the Xanadu soundtrack (yes I'm serious, it's really good, I SWAAAARE!) for all eternity - at least I removed all the Christmas music before it went on the fritz.

So now I have 3 slots left, and I have to think very carefully about what to put in. This is like one of those party game questions... if you could only have 3 CDs with you on a desert island, which ones would it be? Whichever ones I pick, will be the CDs I listen to forever!! I hate making decisions like that! I can't even play those party games, best I can usually do is come up with a top 20 or so.

I guess I'm going to have to do something that I really really despise. I'm going to have to take my car in for repair. This shouldn't be happening in our honeymoon year! I guess it's better to find out sooner rather than later that Mr. Sonata isn't perfect, though. *sigh*

2 comments:

MichelleSG said...

Just the cd player? Is that all that's gone wrong in the past almost year? We bought a new Mustang in 2005 and took it home. The next morning after driving 5 blocks it stopped. Straight up stopped would not turn on. Had it towed back tot eh dealership to be told it was the electrical panel. Since it was the new model there were no replacements panels available yet so they gave us a rental Chevy Cavalier, no electric windows, 4 cylinder horrid car. It took them almost 2 months to fix that car. We hadn't owned it 24 hours before it straight up died. P.O.S.

Susie said...

Oh my GOD that is outrageous!!! Do you still have it? Holy crap. I think that's the worst new car story I've ever heard.