23 August, 2008

raisins, violating innocent baked goods since 1923*

Ah, grapes... so luscious and satisfying, with their pleasing bite and addictive splooshiness.


And are any other fruits even capable of such a glorious transformation as this?



But friends, the raisins have got to go. For one thing, they are just dried up, shrivelled, dead grapes. But, they have another, more serious knock against them.



Behold the following scenario:





B: "Hark, m'lady, someone has dropped a raisin on our spotless** faux-wooden floor!"










S: "What ho, husband! How can that be? Let us seek a closer view."




B: "I do believe, fair wife, that something is amiss with this fallen raisin."


S: "Alas, husband, this is no raisin! Quickly, remove the foul object from our pristine** laminate planks!"

So do you see my point, people??

WHO THE HELL WANTS DEAD SPIDERS IN THEIR OATMEAL COOKIES???



* I just made that date up.

** Yeesh, I swear it looked clean from 64 inches up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like rasins either...and for the exact same reason! So weird! They look like bugs and they do no justice to the deliciousness of grapes!

MC said...

Okay, now I will never enjoy another oatmeal raisin cookie! Actually, I like them better without the raisins, so I guess that's okay.

Anonymous said...

If they have legs, they are not raisins. But they have protein.

mbc said...

I like the way you think. I totally agree.

Boyz3Mommy said...

Grodie-licious!

I am so glad you have decided to jump into the blogging world. You are such a good writer.

P.S. LOVE your floors!!!